Thursday, June 26, 2014

Mighty Dionysus!
Bull-God!
Thrice-Born!
Lord of the Vine!
Ruler of madness!
Bringer of joy!

Three years ago, I came to you.  Hesitant, desperate, I wagered on the words of a dear friend.  Lying in bed, alone and crying, I called out, only Your name on my lips.

I had nothing to bring but tears and broken dreams.  You took my hands, kissed the tears from my cheeks, and wrapped me in Your embrace, the embrace of joy.

You took the pain when it was too much.  You took the hurt when it overwhelmed me.  You took the emptiness and filled it with love.  You took my broken dreams and crushed hopes, and showed me a vision of who I could be.  You took my hand, and started me on this path.

You have given me so much, Lord.  I cannot begin to express my joy, my admiration, my wild love for my wild god.

Thank you, Bringer of Joy!
Thank you, Ruler of Madness!
Thank you, Lord of the Vine!
Thank you, Thrice-Born!
Thank you, Bull-God!
Thank you, O Dionysus, O Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment