Sunday, April 20, 2014

Trance with the Bull God is an odd experience, and it's different every time I do it.  Tonight, the feeling was akin to one I cherished as a young girl: my father holding my wrists as he spun me in circles, my feet lifting from the ground.

It is a wild feeling, a flying feeling, very in touch with the joyous nature of the God.  Knowing that were he to let go, I would be lost, but he holds me fast, and in doing so, allows me to experience joy and abandon beyond what I could hope to experience in the mundane world.

Tonight, for the first time, I saw him in one of his ancient forms: youthful, exuberant, the sun shining, making him glow (or was he glowing from the inside and lighting all around him?).  He was the young god of the emerging firstfruits.  The vines are beginning to flesh out with leaves and fruit, and he is young again, newly born, newly emerged from the Underworld.  He dances among the fields, and where his feet touch springs new life.  He is rebirth, he is joy, he is exuberance.

He gave me an oracle: Rho.  Wait for a short time.  And so I will listen to this mad and joyful god, who spins me in circles and lets me safely back into myself.  I will hold my feet, dance the dance I am dancing even now, and when I hear the beat change, then, and only then, shall I move forward.


No comments:

Post a Comment